1. Definitions and purpose of data processing
To meet our marketing needs and improve our service offering, Banque Piguet Galland & Cie SA (“the Bank”, “we” or “us”), as the data controller, processes your personal data (“Data”). The terms “User”, “you” and “your” refer to any individual who does not have a banking relationship with Piguet Galland & Cie SA. The term “Service” is used to refer to the sending of newsletters.
2. Types of Data collected
When providing the Service described above, only the following Data are collected by the Bank:
- personal identifiable information (such as your name, date of birth, address, gender and nationality), your contact details (such as your phone number, home address and email address) and family-related information (such as your marital status);
- information on your browsing.
You also understand and agree that any other personal data, including sensitive personal data, that you enter willingly or by mistake in the fields will be processed in the same way as the required Data.
3. Transfer of Data outside Switzerland
By using our Service, you agree that your Data will be collected, transferred and processed outside Switzerland, and that advertising emails will be sent to you by the Bank. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the end of one of the emails received.
To deliver the Service, we work with the company HubSpot Germany GmbH, whose parent company, HubSpot, Inc., is located in the United States of America (USA) and which outsources some operations to sub-processors. An up-to-date list of the names and locations of these sub-processors is available here.
Your Data may therefore be processed in the following countries: Germany, Ireland, USA, Australia, Singapore, Japan, Colombia, Sweden, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Spain or the Netherlands.
The legislation in the following countries from the list above does not guarantee adequate data protection or safeguard related rights pursuant to Article 6.1 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP, RS 235.1): USA, Australia, Singapore, Japan and Colombia.
Your consent is therefore required (pursuant to Article 6.2 FADP), since, despite the precautions and reasonable measures we have taken, the following breaches could occur as a result of your Data being transferred to the above countries:
- The local authorities could obtain access to your Data.
- The authorities of a third country could obtain access to your Data (e.g. under the US CLOUD Act).
- There is no sufficient control and/or punitive mechanism in place in the event that the contract between the Bank and HubSpot, Inc. is breached or relevant foreign legislation is violated.
- The Bank or the user would be unable to ensure its own legal protection in the event of a breach.
The HubSpot Data Processing Agreement is available here.
4. Banking confidentiality not applicable
Lastly, you understand and agree that the Bank deems that banking confidentiality, within the meaning of Article 47 of the Swiss Federal Act on Banks and Savings Banks (RS 952.0) does not apply to the Data, as they do not qualify as banking data under that Act.
5. Online events
5. Other applicable documents
Please also read the data privacy note compliant to the Data Protection Act concerning BCV Group companies, including Piguet Galland & Cie SA.
Please also read our e-mail use policy.