We’ve developed our personal retirement savings plans in partnership with the Liberty Foundation. With these plans, you can build up your retirement savings while benefiting from considerable tax advantages. And you’re the one who determines how your assets are invested. It’s the perfect complement to social security and your occupational pension plan.
Attractive tax benefits
The maximum tax-deductible contribution to a personal retirement savings plan is 6,768 Swiss francs for those who are gainfully employed and a member of an occupational pension fund. People who work but do not have an occupational pension plan can make a tax-deductible contribution of up to 20% of their income or 33,840 Swiss francs, whichever is lower (2017 figures). Assets held in personal retirement savings plans are not subject to wealth tax, and any income earned is tax-free.
Our investment strategies have a large equity weighting and are subject to strict regulations under Swiss occupational pension law.
Your advantages at a glance
- You invest your retirement savings and choose your investment strategy.
- You pay into the plan as and when you see fit.
- Any payments you make into your plan are tax deductible for that year.
- Your retirement savings are exempt from wealth tax, and any income earned is tax-free.
- You can use the plan to indirectly pay down your mortgage loan.
- You can add coverage for death or disability.
- When your savings are paid out, they will be taxed at a relatively low rate.
- When you retire, you won’t have to sell the securities – they can be moved into your personal investment portfolio.
- If you keep working, you can continue paying into the plan up to the age of 69 (women) or 70 (men).
Find out more about what we have to offer you
To go deeper
L'ECAL de Lausanne, Les Thermes de Vals, Le KKL de Lucerne, La Banque Piguet Galland à Genève, Le Design Basel/Miami, Le Mudac à Lausanne
Chaque semaine, notre équipe des Investissements fait pour vous un point sur les marchés.
Follow our advice to optimise your wealth and save on your taxes.